Does anyone else love wild rice? Its so savory and delicious!
On a recent trip to Minnesota, I tried wild rice pancakes for the first time at a local organic restaurant… needless to say I went back to eat the same meal the next day. They were amazing!
After day dreaming of wild rice pancakes for a week, I decided to make some of my own. Searching online, I was unable to find a recipe that I liked. Most were made with wheat flour… and while I am not strictly gluten free, I prefer to use more nutritious flours. Here is what I came up with:
Almond Flour + Wild Rice Pancakes
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup cooked wild rice (cooled)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp baking soda + 1/2 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- 1/3 lemon juiced
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix Until Combined.
- Heat a large pan with butter or coconut oil.
- Add batter to heated pan forming into pancakes.
- Cook. Flip. Enjoy!
You can serve these with: Butter, maple syrup, grass fed yogurt, apple butter… (we used farmers marker Michigan cherry butter!)
Be well Beautiful!