You know when you have some OLD bananas sitting on the counter? …. and you are thinking “should I just throw these away?” Nope!
There are so many yummy treats to be made. Running low on ingredients + using whatever flours I could find in the fridge, I ended up with this delicious banana bread cake. So good! And pack with nutrition too!
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1-2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour + 1/4 cup buckwheat flour + 1/4 cup oat flour.
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe (brown) brown bananas
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or coconut sugar
- 2 TBSP coconut oil (melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Combine wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Mix in dry ingredients until everything is smooth.
- Use coconut oil to grease small round cake pan (or whatever pan you have!)
- Add batter to the pan and cook for 30-40 mins.
- Let cool (or don’t!) and serve.
Topping suggestions: Coconut flakes, almond butter, chocolate…
Be well beautiful,