When trying to get healthy one of the first things we try is to eat more salads. This is a great step, and adding more leafy greens into your diet is always a great idea!
While the intention is good we might be doing more harm than good by adding conventional salad dressings to the mix.
I have not consumed store bought salad dressing for years and choose to make my own.
Here is why:
- Store bought salad dressings are filled with undesirable ingredients that we do not want in our bodies!
- They contain cheap & processed oils (soy & canola…). These oils are high in Omega-6 fatty acids, which are associated with inflammation in the body.
- High Sodium & Sugar.
- Often/likely to contain genetically modified ingredients (GMO).
- Full of additives & ingredients we cannot pronounce…if you can’t say it don’t eat it!
The good news is salad dressing is super simple to make! Below I have provided you with two healthy salad dressing recipes. These are so creamy and delicious you won’t be missing the old stuff!
- Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing
- Miso-Sesame Dressing
Greek Yogurt Ranch
- 1/2 to 1 full cup greek yogurt (you can also use non-dairy yogurt)
- 1/4- cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dill (dry of fresh)
- 1 tsp parsley (dry or fresh)
- salt & pepper to taste
- **you may choose to add a little water or olive oil to thin out or if too tangy for your taste
How to make
- Combine ingredients in a jar & stir until combined.
- Pour on salad or use as a dip.
Miso Sesame Dressing
- 1 part miso paste (I use soy-free chickpea miso).
- 1 part oil-sesame & olive oil combined.
- 1 part apple cider vinegar
- honey or maple syrup to taste.
How to make
- Combine ingredients in a jar.
- stir until combined (I use a small mixer to mix well).
- Top with sesame seeds & green onion.
Check out the recipe video on my youtube channel-Michelle Loves Wellness.