So… doughnuts are kind of my favorite thing! They are so cute, colorful, and I adore them! However, I do not enjoy the way traditional doughnuts make me feel. They are full of sugar and who knows what else!
That’s not to say I never eat regular doughnuts… Gotta live a balanced life and enjoy every moment! but on a regular basis, I like to make my own healthy doughnuts from scratch. You can have your doughnuts + eat them too!
This recipe is grain free, gluten free, and mostly paleo!
Almond Flour Baked Doughnuts
- 1 C Almond Flour ( I used Trader Joe’s Brand)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 TBSP Maple Syrup
- 2 Organic Eggs
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Baking Aluminum Free Powder
- Coconut Oil for the pan
- Preheat Oven to 300°F.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir until combined.
- Coat your doughnut pan with coconut oil and scoop batter into the pan.
- Bake 10-15 Minutes until golden.
- Let cool and add toppings of your choice!
Coconut Oil Peanut Butter-Chocolate Icing
- 1/4 C Coconut Oil
- 1/4 C Peanut Butter
- 1/4 Cacao
- 2 TBSP(+ if you like sweeter) Maple Syrup
- Combine ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Cook on low until melted.
- Drizzle over doughnuts.
Enjoy with a warm cup of coffee of tea!
Be Well Beautiful!