I have always had a thing for comfort foods, especially in the cold seasons. Now it is May 3rd… but it’s still pretty chilly in Illinois. While I’m patiently waiting for summer weather, I am still embracing my cold weather favorites.
When it comes to comfort foods, you can’t go wrong with cornbread!
Tonight I recreated this favorite with a healthier lighter twist that is simply delicious!
- 2 C. organic cornmeal
- 1/2 C. coconut flour
- 5 tsp. baking aluminum free powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 large eggs
- 1 can coconut cream (I used trader joe’s brand)
- 1/2 C. avocado oil or coconut oil ( I cook/bake with these because they are very stable with heat!)
- 1/4 coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup or honey
- Preheat oven to 400 ℉.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl until smooth (no large lumps)
- Apply a small amount of oil to cast iron pan.
- Pour cornbread mixture into cast iron. Cover with foil. Bak for 15 mins. Remove foil and bake until lightly brown on edges.
- Let cool + Enjoy! Perhaps topping with some grass fed butter or honey! Mmm!
Be Well Beautiful!