The past couple of weeks I have been very committed to my morning routine. This consists of several self-care practices including; meditation, gratitude journaling, yoga, and enjoying a cup of coffee with Jakub. It is very important to get a positive start to your day. Take time for yourself…even just 5 minutes! Start your day with grace & ease. Don’t check your email or even look at your phone until you have spent some time filling your cup… Today I had some extra time so I made a delicious treat to enjoy with our morning coffee.
I’ve been looking at two overripe bananas on my kitchen counter for the past couple days so I decided to make a healthy version of banana bread!
This recipe avoids using processed white flour and uses coconut flour instead. Coconut flour makes this a gluten-free option.
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp lemon juice (or you can use 1/2 tsp baking powder…but I never have that!)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice (I use trader joes pumpkin spice)
- 4 eggs
- 2 overripe bananas, mashed
- ⅓ cup real maple syrup
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- chocolate chips, nuts, coconut…
- unsweetened coconut (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prep muffin cups & set aside (I use re-useable muffin cups to reduce kitchen waste!)
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, banana, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla extract until smooth
- In the same bowl whisk together coconut flour, baking soda,salt, and spices.
- Wait until the last minute to add lemon juice and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into muffin cups.
- Bake 18-20 minutes
- Cool & serve with your favorite coffee or tea!
If you make this recipe please send me a comment or post a photo letting me know how it turns out! I can’t wait to hear your feedback.